Dienstag, 24. Februar 2009

Du oder ich

Du oder ich ( You or me) by Maria Lassnig.

Couple of days ago I dragged my friend along to come to the Mumok with me, the Museum of Modern Art in Vienna. I have been wanting to go there since I visited Vienna in November because back then I didn't get the chance to and last week I was finally able to go. As I am a big fan of Modern Art I obviously enjoyed walking around the museum even though it doesn't come up to the standards of the Tate Modern in London.

We started on the 6th floor of the museum and worked our way downwards through different exhibitions. After a while we then got to the exhibition of Maria Lassnig. I am not an art critic but I would describe her paintings as vibrant and aggresive. She mostly uses very strong, almost fluorescent, colors. The content of her pictures is rather difficult to describe which is why I put a picture of one of her paintings on here so you know what I am talking about.

If you ever come to Vienna try to visit the Mumok, it's worth it. Oh and make sure to inform me so that we can meet up for a coffee.

So far,
Marcel

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen